Western Wonders (12Days)
Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Scottsdale, Grand Canyon National Park, Las Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, Modesto, San Francisco
Tour Code: 8510
This wondrous 12-day holiday begins in Los Angeles with a sightseeing tour that includes glamorous Hollywood. Next, head west for an overnight in Palm Springs, home to 90 golf courses, before reaching Scottsdale, where you'll learn about the delicate ecosystem of the Arizona desert. Other highlights along the way include Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, and Grand Canyon. After a stay in Flagstaff, spend two-nights in Las Vegas and let loose before traveling through Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite National Park, Modesto, and Sacramento. Arrive in San Francisco for a fabulous night illumination tour of the city-a perfect ending to a well-rounded holiday!
- SIGHTSEEING: In Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Alcatraz.
- SCENIC HIGHLIGHTS: Palm Springs, Scottsdale, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park, Historic Route 66, Las Vegas, Sierra Nevada Mountains, and Yosemite National Park.
- GUIDES: Services of a professional Tour Director
- TRANSPORTATION: Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
- HOTELS: Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges and tips for baggage handling.
- MEALS: 1 Continental Breakfast
2015 Departure Dates and Rates per Person
|Start Date||End Date||Twin Share||Single|
|July 14, 2015||July 25, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|July 17, 2015||July 28, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|July 24, 2015||August 05, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|August 11, 2015||August 22, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|August 14, 2015||August 25, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|August 21, 2015||September 01, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|August 25, 2015||September 05, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|September 04, 2015||September 15, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|September 11, 2015||September 22, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|September 15, 2015||September 26, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|September 17, 2015||September 28, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|September 18, 2015||September 29, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|September 22, 2015||October 03, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|September 25, 2015||October 06, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|October 01, 2015||October 12, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|October 02, 2015||October 23, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|October 09, 2015||October 20, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|October 13, 2015||October 24, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|October 16, 2015||October 27, 2015||$1,689||$2,339|
|October 27, 2015||November 07, 2015||$1,629||$2,279|
|October 30, 2015||November 10, 2015||$1,629||$2,279|
- US$105 per person
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR FARES:
- AIRLINE TICKETS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE and to be purchased separately
- Pre and Post Tour Accommodations
- VISA and Passports - You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation. All travellers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple entry visas are required for some holidays. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
- Travel Insurance - Travel Insurance NOT INCLUDED in the above rates.It is highly recommened you have travel insurance in place
- Other than those mentioned in the Standard Features or Inclusions, any incidentals and expenditures of personal nature are not included in the above rates
- Passport and visa photocopies required before processing, passport should be not less 6 months valid from the date of travel
- Please be gently reminded that it is the guest's responsibility to secure passport and valid entry visas to the destinations if applicable
- ONCE CONFIRED AND FINALIZED, ALL PACKAGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CHANGEABLE, NON-REBOOKABLE FOR ANY MATTER. Please make your trip definite
- Prepayment Terms and Conditions Apply
- This is already a discounted promo package. No other discounts are applicable or combinable with this package.
- Boris Travel and Tours is not held liable or responsible for any trip and tour cancellations, tour forefeiture brought about by flight cancellations, flight delays, bad weather conditions, or any failure to execute arrangements specified herein directly or indirectly occasioned by or through or in consequence of war, change of statutes government, strikes, riots, and Acts of God or conditions beyond our control
- Please note that this guarantee does not apply in any situation where the safety of clients is at potential risk or in the case of global health warnings; or when the operation of a tour is not possible for reasons beyond our control (such as industrial action/strikes and operational restrictions); or a Force Majeure event. A Force Majeure event is an inevitable or unpredictable event including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane (or other natural disaster), act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, political unrest, blockage, embargo, labour dispute or strike.
- All rates are subject to space availability upon reservation. Rates are subject to change without prior notice
Day to Day Itinerary
DAY 01. LOS ANGELES
Enjoy time at leisure to relax or to do some independent exploring.
DAY 02. LOS ANGELES
Begin the day with a sightseeing tour of the world's "Capital of Glamour," including a drive through Hollywood and the famous TCL Chinese Theatre. The remainder of your day is at leisure, and your Tour Director will have suggestions for your further exploration of the city. Perhaps visit Hollywood again and the Hollywood History Museum, located in the old Max Factor Building. Stroll down Olvera Street, the heart of the original Spanish Mission, or visit the Getty Centre with its wonderful art collection.
DAY 03. LOS ANGELES-PALM SPRINGS
Today we make our way to the desert oasis of Palm Springs with its distinctive wind farms, 5,000 swimming pools, and 90 golf courses! Ever since Hollywood stars first came here in the 1930s, laying claim to ranch-style estates and holing up in elite hotels, the clean, dry air and sunshine have made Palm Springs irresistible. The afternoon and evening have been set aside for independent time.
DAY 04. PALM SPRINGS-PHOENIX-SCOTTSDALE
A Phoenix sightseeing tour includes downtown and the Arizona State Capitol Building. Next, experience Old Town Scottsdale, where Western storefronts create an aura of the past, before overnighting in the mountain-ringed desert resort of Scottsdale
DAY 05. SCOTTSDALE-SEDONA-GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK-WILLIAMS
Travel to Sedona, a thriving centre for New Age arts set in Canyon Country. On to the weather-sculptured rock formations of Oak Creek Canyon. Travel alongside the San Francisco Mountains and beautiful pine forests to the South Rim of the GRAND CANYON. Time to stroll the canyon rim - or, for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, take an optional helicopter flightseeing excursion for incomparable views of flame-coloured walls plunging 1828 metres (6000 feet) into the Colorado River. Overnight in Williams, a picturesque mountain town with Route 66 as the Main Street and the gateway to the Grand Canyon.
DAY 06. WILLIAMS-LAS VEGAS
Cross the old Mojave gold-strike country, which still has traces of century-old ghost towns set in natural desert beauty. Watch for Joshua trees, a species of the lily family that grows to more than 12 metres (40 feet) in height and can live up to 300 years. By late afternoon, reach Las Vegas, the fantastic city of feverish gambling, neon lights, bars, and glamorous shows. Be sure to explore some of the many themed casino resorts along the colourful "Strip." This evening, we highly recommend a night out to a dazzling stage show featuring top Vegas entertainment.
DAY 07. LAS VEGAS
The morning and afternoon are free for you to swim and sunbathe at the hotel pool or explore the varied casinos and shopping plazas. Your Tour Director will have more suggestions to fill your day. Consider a river float trip through the Black Canyon.
DAY 08. LAS VEGAS-MAMMOTH LAKES
A day of striking natural contrasts as the journey continues across the desert landscape of Nevada before crossing into California and ascending into the snowcapped Sierra Nevadas. Overnight in Mammoth, a popular alpine resort area surrounded by beauty and majesty - and within easy reach of Yosemite National Park. NOTE: Tioga Pass is typically closed from November to the end of May due to snow. When Tioga Pass is closed, this tour is rerouted to overnight in Tulare instead of Mammoth Lakes. Departures from the end of May through mid-October are expected to overnight in Mammoth Lakes; however, weather may affect the routing of tours to Tulare during these times.
DAY 09. MAMMOTH LAKES-YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK-MODESTO
Cross high Tioga Pass and enter YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, a wonderland of spectacular lakes, giant granite domes, towering pinnacles, cascading waterfalls, and lush forests. Afterward, drive to Modesto.
DAY 10. MODESTO-SACRAMENTO-SAN FRANCISCO
Head toward Sacramento, capital of California, with time to explore Old Sacramento. "Old Town," as the locals call it, features a Wild West ambiance. During your visit, see the country's largest collection of Gold Rush-era buildings, a Wells Fargo museum, and the historic Railroad Museum. From here, continue west to reach San Francisco by early afternoon. Cross the splendid bay with vistas of the San Francisco skyline and its magnificent harbour. On your city tour, see the main sights, including the renowned Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, and Nob Hill. Tonight you may choose to join your travelling companions for an optional evening in Chinatown. Explore this vibrant historic section of San Francisco that houses the largest Chinese community outside of Asia. Enjoy a lavish 4-course dinner at an authentic Chinese restaurant. End with a short walking tour of Chinatown, plus a ride on one of San Francisco's famous cable cars. (CB)
DAY 11. SAN FRANCISCO
This morning, visit the famous and fascinating ALCATRAZ PRISON. Get a close-up look at the infamous federal penitentiary that was off limits to the public for years. Afterward, the day is yours to do some more exploring in the "City by the Bay." Ride San Francisco's historic cable cars or take a walking tour of one of the city's diverse neighborhoods. NOTE: The National Park Service requires we disclose that the value of the Alcatraz Prison visit is US$30.
DAY 12. SAN FRANCISCO
The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to San Francisco International Airport are included.