Western Treasures (15Days)
San Francisco, Monterey, Solvang, Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Flagstaff, Las Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, Modesto
Tour Code: 8616
Discover the best of the west on this 15-day tour. From San Francisco, travel south along the coastline to picturesque Monterey and Santa Barbara before heading to Los Angeles and the glamorous Malibu and Palm Springs. Journey into Canyon Country and marvel at the breathtaking views of the Grand Canyon. Continue across the desert landscape of Nevada to the neon desert oasis of Las Vegas. Crossing into California, explore the spectacular lakes, waterfalls and lush forests of the Yosemite National Park. Enjoy sightseeing in Sonora and Sacramento before finishing your holiday in San Francisco, famous for its steep hills and cable cars
- SIGHTSEEING: In San Francisco, Monterey, and Los Angeles.
- SCENIC HIGHLIGHTS: Monterey, Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, 17-Mile Drive, Carmel, Old Spanish Mission, Golden Gate Bridge, Nob Hill, Mission Trail to Solvang, coastal Santa Barbara, Pacific Ocean coastline, Hollywood, Palm Springs, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, South Rim of the Grand Canyon, Historic Route 66, Las Vegas, Sierra Nevadas, Yosemite National Park, and Sacramento's Old Town.
- GUIDES: Services of a professional Tour Director
- TRANSPORTATION: Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
- HOTELS: Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges and tips for baggage handling
- MEALS: 3 Continental Breakfasts
2015 Departure Dates and Rates per Person
|Start Date||End Date||Twin Share||Single|
|July 21, 2015||August 04, 2015||$1,969||$2,869|
|July 28, 2015||August 11, 2015||$1,969||$2,869|
|August 11, 2015||August 25, 2015||$1,969||$2,869|
|August 25, 2015||September 08, 2015||$1,969||$2,869|
|September 01, 2015||September 15, 2015||$2,019||$2,919|
|September 08, 2015||September 22, 2015||$2,019||$2,919|
|September 13, 2015||September 27, 2015||$2,019||$2,919|
|September 20, 2015||October 04, 2015||$2,019||$2,919|
|September 22, 2015||October 06, 2015||$2,019||$2,919|
|October 06, 2015||October 20, 2015||$2,019||$2,919|
|October 13, 2015||October 27, 2015||$2,019||$2,919|
|November 03, 2015||November 17, 2015||$1,899||$2,699|
- US$140 per person
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR FARES:
- AIRLINE TICKETS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE and to be purchased separately
- Pre and Post Tour Accommodations
- VISA and Passports - You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and The Company cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation. All travellers travelling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of the trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple entry visas are required for some holidays. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
- Travel Insurance - Travel Insurance NOT INCLUDED in the above rates.It is highly recommened you have travel insurance in place
- Other than those mentioned in the Standard Features or Inclusions, any incidentals and expenditures of personal nature are not included in the above rates
- Passport and visa photocopies required before processing, passport should be not less 6 months valid from the date of travel
- Please be gently reminded that it is the guest's responsibility to secure passport and valid entry visas to the destinations if applicable
- ONCE CONFIRED AND FINALIZED, ALL PACKAGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CHANGEABLE, NON-REBOOKABLE FOR ANY MATTER. Please make your trip definite
- Prepayment Terms and Conditions Apply
- This is already a discounted promo package. No other discounts are applicable or combinable with this package.
- Boris Travel and Tours is not held liable or responsible for any trip and tour cancellations, tour forefeiture brought about by flight cancellations, flight delays, bad weather conditions, or any failure to execute arrangements specified herein directly or indirectly occasioned by or through or in consequence of war, change of statutes government, strikes, riots, and Acts of God or conditions beyond our control
- Please note that this guarantee does not apply in any situation where the safety of clients is at potential risk or in the case of global health warnings; or when the operation of a tour is not possible for reasons beyond our control (such as industrial action/strikes and operational restrictions); or a Force Majeure event. A Force Majeure event is an inevitable or unpredictable event including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane (or other natural disaster), act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, political unrest, blockage, embargo, labour dispute or strike.
- All rates are subject to space availability upon reservation. Rates are subject to change without prior notice
Day to Day Itinerary
DAY 01. SAN FRANCISCO
Welcome to San Francisco! Enjoy time at leisure today. Your Tour Director is on hand this evening to answer questions.
DAY 02. SAN FRANCISCO-MONTEREY.
South to picturesque Monterey, made famous by John Steinbeck's Cannery Row and once Spain's California capital. Your sightseeing tour includes visits to historic Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row. This afternoon, why not visit Monterey Bay Aquarium or stroll along Fisherman's Wharf and watch the sea lions and otters.
DAY 03. MONTEREY-CARMEL-SOLVANG
This morning we take spectacular 17-MILE DRIVE en route to the popular West Coast retreat of Carmel before picking up the Old Spanish Mission Trail to Solvang, where Denmark has been recreated with picturesque buildings and windmills. There's time to walk the flower-lined village streets and enjoy the quaint "Old World" architecture. Tasty bakery treats and perhaps a Danish smorgasbord for dinner all add to the unique experience of Solvang. (CB)
DAY 04. SOLVANG-SANTA BARBARA-LOS ANGELES
From Solvang, it's a short drive south to coastal Santa Barbara, a charming city with handsome Spanish-inspired architecture. Once the original Hollywood in the glamorous '20s, it is still a favourite to movie producers and home to numerous celebrities. There's time to wander along the bustling waterfront or do some shopping in some of the most talked about boutiques in downtown Santa Barbara before making our way to Los Angeles. (CB)
DAY 05. LOS ANGELES
A full day to explore the "City of Angels," home of star-studded Hollywood and glamorous Beverly Hills. Your day begins with included sightseeing of the world's "Capital of Glamour," featuring a drive through Hollywood and the TCL Chinese Theatre. The afternoon is free. Why not join the optional tour of Universal Studios Hollywood?
DAY 06. LOS ANGELES-PALM SPRINGS-SCOTTSDALE.
This morning, visit Palm Springs with its wind farms, 5,000 swimming pools, and 90 golf courses! Crossing the great Colorado River, we drive through vast desert landscapes surrounded by giant saguaro cacti. Late-afternoon arrival in the mountain-ringed desert resort of Scottsdale. The evening is yours to relax.
DAY 07. SCOTTSDALE-SEDONA-OAK CREEK CANYON-GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK-FLAGSTAFF
We journey to scenic Sedona in Canyon Country. Then, on through the weather-sculpted rock formations of Oak Creek Canyon and north through Kaibab National Forest to the South Rim of the GRAND CANYON. Marvel at one of the Natural Wonders of the World as you experience breathtaking views of the Grand Canyon. And for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, consider an optional helicopter flightseeing excursion. Overnight in Flagstaff.
DAY 08. FLAGSTAFF-LAS VEGAS
Travel across the old Mojave gold-strike country to the neon desert oasis of Las Vegas. Your Tour Director can advise on the best shows to see and casinos to visit.
DAY 09. LAS VEGAS
Enjoy two full days of relaxing at the hotel pool or exploring the "Strip" with its casinos, resorts, and shopping plazas. Also consider a range of excursions, including a float trip through the Black Canyon on the Colorado River, a visit to Hoover Dam, or a dazzling Las Vegas show.
DAY 10. LAS VEGAS
Continue on from day 9.
DAY 11. LAS VEGAS-MAMMOTH LAKES.
Departing the neon lights of Las Vegas, we continue across the desert landscape of Nevada before crossing into California and ascending into the snowcapped Sierra Nevadas. Overnight in Mammoth, a popular alpine resort area surrounded by beauty and majesty - and within easy reach of Yosemite National Park. NOTE: Tioga Pass is typically closed from November to the end of May due to snow. When Tioga Pass is closed, this tour is rerouted to overnight in Fresno instead of Mammoth Lakes. Departures from the end of May through mid-October are expected to overnight in Mammoth Lakes; however, weather may affect the routing of tours to Tulare during these times.
DAY 12. MAMMOTH LAKES-YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK-MODESTO
Cross high Tioga Pass and enter YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, a wonderland of spectacular lakes, cascading waterfalls, lush forests, giant granite domes, pinnacles, and mountains soaring as high as 1,219 metres (4,000 feet) above the valley floor. Explore Yosemite Valley or visit the Ansel Adams Gallery and see the works of this famous photographer who captured the beauty of Yosemite National Park so well. Afterward, drive to Modesto.
DAY 13. MODESTO-SACRAMENTO-SAN FRANCISCO.
A morning visit to Sacramento, California's state capital. Time to visit historic Old Town, the nation's largest collection of Gold Rush-era buildings. We continue west to San Francisco, famous for its hills and cable cars. Included sightseeing takes in the Golden Gate Bridge, Nob Hill, and bustling Fisherman's Wharf. This evening, why not join an optional dinner outing in Chinatown? (CB)
DAY 14. SAN FRANCISCO.
This morning, visit the famous and fascinating ALCATRAZ PRISON. Get a close-up look at the infamous federal penitentiary that was off limits to the public for years. Afterward, the day is yours to do some more exploring. Ride San Francisco's historic cable cars or take a walking tour through the city's diverse neighbourhoods. NOTE: The National Park Service requires we disclose the value of the Alcatraz Prison visit is US$30.
DAY 15. SAN FRANCISCO.
The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to San Francisco International Airport are included. You can extend your holiday with extra nights and explore the "City by the Bay" further with a variety of exciting optional activities.